Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh. right.


I started a blog two years ago.. and then just kind of forgot about it. hmm.. Well, there have been a few changes since then! For instance, I have a real website now. www.paintdead.com Take a look! I will eventually probably just combine the blog with that..but everything I do takes extra long, so we'll see when that actually happens.

Although nowhere near as productive as I should've been, I've completed a few new paintings, Like the one above. This, easy enough, is "Pie." 16"x20" oil of course.. One of my simplest, turned out to be one of the more popular...who'd have guessed?

Also, I have finally moved my ass off of the rock. I am now in ever-so-exciting Vermilion Ohio (which I'm pretty sure was the model for the town in Pleasantville). I am holed up and starting new (shipping from Hawaii is a bitch to say the least, so I have only a handful of my paintings with me). With no friends and no money this should turn out to be a very productive year!

And lastly! I now have something to look forward to and keep me motivated. www.articulatedgallery.com is an awesome awesome awesome gallery/shop right on Haight st, San Fransisco. It's packed full of gorgeous vintage and vintage-styled taxidermy/jewelry.. it's just, well, the coolest place I have ever seen. I was so enamored with it when I stumbled in I was too shy to even hand them a business card (but luckily I have pushy friends who make me do things that I don't want to do). long story short, if all goes to plan I will be having a show there early next year and probably a few pieces in a Dec. Group show.

Keep you posted!

No comments: